Healthy knees require continuous motion. However, our generally sedentary lifestyles are at odds with the maintenance of robust knee joint architecture. Left motionless throughout large portions o ...View Article
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
"I DON'T HAVE ANY PAIN AND I FEEL FINE"
WHY DO I NEED CHIROPRACTIC CARE?
You once entered the chiropractic office feeling badly. Now your pain is a thing of the past. You don't suppose that there is any reason to go back because you are feeling "fine". Well, maybe if your health deteriorates to the point where you have pain again, you'd be happy to return. But for now, you are content. Your chiropractic doctor then shares that there are good reasons to return even if you feel "fine." Here is the explanation.
Your spine consists of 24 movable vertebrae that act as a hollow pipeline to protect the signals that pulse from your brain, down your spinal cord and out adjoining nerves. Your nervous system is a collection of links (nerves) that go from your brain to every organ and part of your body. Note that only about 25% of your nerves are pain related while it is the other 75% that have the important tasks of moving and running your body. This means that it is possible to have a significant health problem and not feel any pain.
Feeling pain-free is just not a strong indicator of your health. You have likely heard of someone who reported feeling "fine" but died suddenly of an unknown problem. Many people have felt "fine" just before suffering a sudden heart attack, stroke, debilitating pain or being diagnosed with a serious disease such as cancer. Pain is a warning sign that often shows up later on.
Spinal subluxation is a term that describes when vertebrae in the spine are either out of alignment or stuck and unable to move properly. The healthy function of your body depends on normal structure (i.e. posture) and proper movement. Left unattended spinal subluxation not only leads to degeneration and arthritis but more importantly, it causes nerve interference. Even though first visits to a chiropractor are typically for pain from an injury or years of long-standing spinal subluxation. It is nerve interference that not only causes pain, but also contributes to serious "hidden" effects like poor sleep, fatigue, indigestion, anxiety, high blood pressure, asthma, etc.
As with dental health, waiting until your condition advances to the point of pain can allow more serious problems to develop. Chiropractic care helps spinal subluxations and related nerve irritation. Adjustments also improve posture, slow and sometimes reverse degeneration and help keep your joints and discs healthy. Because chiropractic care helps correct the cause rather than merely treat symptoms, it should be a first choice for health and wellness.
Now you know what your chiropractor has understood for years; that adjustments are important even though you are feeling "fine." Without drugs or surgery, chiropractic care helps keep you truly healthy for a lifetime! So don't wait until your condition progresses to the point of pain. Make plans to benefit from regular chiropractic care today.
Health is nothing more than a few simple disciplines, practiced every day; while disease is simply a few errors in judgment, repeated every day. It is the accumulative weight of our disciplines and our judgments that leads us to either health or disease. -(Rohn)